Our Directors & Key Associates
Stuart Sinclair, RPF, MBA - President
- Since obtaining his degree in forestry from the University of Alberta, Stuart has worked in the forest industry both internationally and throughout Western Canada. A member of the Avison team since 1993, he has experience as both a silviculture and planning forester. Stuart is the current CEO of Avison and continues to provide project management and business/client development
Bill LaForge - Secretary Director
- Bill has been a fundamental part of the Avison team for more than 25 years, providing efficient project management and development of the timber and fire suppression departments. Bill’s years of experience in the public, private and alternative energy sectors contribute to Avison’s expertise.
Brian Frenkel - Director
- A dedicated professional with over 27 years of progressive forestry and business experience, Brian has been an essential part of Avison’s success during those years. An active member of the community, Brian has a proven record of consistent contributions that increase efficiencies and control costs.
Eric Williamson - Associate
- Eric has been a key aspect of Avison’s success over the last 20 years. With experience in both the forestry and biology sectors, he is able to provide knowledgeable project management and mentorship to staff in both departments.
Lisa Nordin, MSc, RPBio
- Lisa has been part of the Avison team since 2008. Lisa is a Registered Professional Biologist and obtained her MSc. in Biology (Aquatic Ecology) in 2005 from the University of Waterloo. With over ten years experience in both government and the forest industry, Lisa is a valuable member of Avison’s environmental team, providing leadership in all aspects of project management. Lisa is responsible for project management from study design to data analyses and reporting. She is experienced and knowledgeable in baseline and environmental monitoring studies.
Nancy Cox, RPF
- Nancy obtained her degree in Forestry and Environmental Management from the University of New Brunswick. Since then she has become a RPF in both BC and Alberta, gaining valuable forestry and environmental experience in both provinces. A recent addition to the Avison team, Nancy is providing excellent leadership in her Silviculture Forester position.
Jay Hallett, B.Sc. For, M.L.A., RPF, RLA
- Jay received his Bachelor Degree in Forestry from the University of Alberta in 1993 and worked at Avison Management Services from 1994 to 2005. As an RPF he specialized in silviculture and managed the siliviculture program for a major licensee. He completed his Masterís Degree in Landscape Architecture from the University of Manitoba in 2007 and became a fully registered landscape architect with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects in 2012. He returned to practicing forestry with AMS in 2011, adding commercial and residential landscape design services to the range of services provided by AMS.